I have good news and bad news.
The bad news is – nothing in this world is going to give you the answer. Family, jobs, love will always lead to a mind of questions. I had success in all 3 and still wondered who I was.
The good news is we have a source who knows everything about us. Past present and future is in the palm of his hands. Your identity will be given if you just follow his son.
Here are a few tips to create an identity in Christ.
- Connect with the father: prayer and the bible are both great starts.
- Keep a journal. Write the highs and the lows. Writing it out will help you keep track of how far you’ve come. Keeping a journal will also let you see areas that may need improvement.
- Build relationships: join a Christian community – finding a place that encourages you to grow will build your confidence
- Try. If you see something you’re interested in – give it a try. There is no harm in seeing if you like a small group or volunteer work. Keep trying stuff until you find your thing.
- Consistency: being a Christian is a lifestyle change. Make room for your relationship with Jesus.
“This is too much work! I can’t do all of this.”
Well concerned reader here is a thought:
It’s a marathon, not a sprint. It may take you 1 day, 1 year, 10 years to do these 5. All God wants is a mustard seed of faith – and he will handle the rest.