When I used to hear the phrase “Christian Lifestyle” I used to think “here comes another boring stuck up person telling me what I cannot do.” Then the feeling of wanting to run the other direction when some random stranger is handing out bibles (especially when I was in college.)
As I matured in my walk, I learned a few things that I want to share with you all.
Here are a few tips about the lifestyle:
- Christians believe in Jesus as their personal savior.
- The objective of the lifestyle is to honor ourselves as a temple while having the love for others and our environment.
- Christians are supposed to demonstrate their faith everywhere they go. I used to go the Gym and not speak to anyone. Somehow people started picking up conversations with me. It didn’t matter what I initially wanted to do, I had to represent my religion.
- Obviously, you don’t throw a bible and holy water at someone screaming “repent or you’re going to hell!” Jesus says the most important part of a Christian lifestyle is love for others (Mark 12:30-31.) In another scripture, it explains what love is (1 Corinthians 13.) Having respect and compassion for others is what being a Christian is all about. How you treat yourself and others is a reflection of how much you allow God to move in your life. Another thing I want to point out is no you don’t have to be perfect. Your heart is the first thing you should focus on – it will change everything else (Proverbs 4:23)
- There are several reasons why walking with Jesus is such a great thing. If I had one sentence to say it would be: “he is the source that fulfills all needs.”
I try to write from my own experiences. I hope my examples will influence your personal walk in Christianity.