This is an extremely important topic. If you want to save time and effort, you must test someone’s spirit [1 John 4:1]. Anyone can look good on the outside. No one can put on a show forever, the truth of the soul will always be revealed [Proverbs 10:9]. Here are a few tips for testing someone’s spirit.
- Do they speak life or death into the world? Are they positive or negative? [Proverbs 18:21]
- If they say they are going to do something, do they do it? [Integrity] [1 Peter 3:16]
- When they do not get their way, do they become angry and impulsive? [Proverbs 14:29]
- Do they possess the fruits of the holy spirit? [Galatians 5:22-23]
- Do they say everything with love? [1 Peter 4:8]
- Are their words of truth instead of anything that sounds good for the moment? [John 8:44]
- Do their words speak from fear or judgment? [2 Timothy 1:7]
Once you figure out someone’s heart – believe that you are right. Do not try to reason for the fear of being without friends. God will always provide everything you need.