[Write and delete] “No that doesn’t sound good.” [Repeat.]
Ugh hello everyone,
If only you knew how hard it is to open with how I’ve really been feeling lately. I’m thinking about my future. My mind is filled with a million and one “I guess I’m an adult now” things.
Then this takes me back to when I ever start anything great in this city. My mom had to force me out of the nest and become a fully able woman. Bored and single I started this blog with a cute puppy I didn’t ask for. All these things were a blessing I didn’t see value in until I looked back over it all.
I’m scared thinking about the future – but I believe God will provide me everything that I need for every moment I have in life. With him all things are possible and I know I will more than okay.
6 Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
I’ve been through many phases of my beauty regimen. We all have those moments where we think something looks good until we look back at an old photo and cringe.
Hair, makeup, and nails are a part of what makes me… me. It’s a girly art I enjoy doing.
I guess the point of this blog is to say make sure you have a healthy balance of beauty in your life. Yes, these things can make you feel good about yourself, but don’t let it take away from your spirit.
There was a time I thought that putting on a pound of makeup would take away from the pain and feelings of unworthiness. The outside was perfect, but the way I treated other’s was the case of a classic mean girl.
As I got older, I realized a clogged up spirit [and pores] is not healthy – or cute. It’s ok to take care of our appearance, but if everything else is broken, people will catch on and seize the moment to its full advantage.
When we find our value in God and not of a superficial reality – that is when we become beautiful.
Let’s all be honest here. If being a Christian meant having a boring life, I would say no thank you. I like being silly and having fun. God would be great and all, but I wouldn’t see him as someone worth having a relationship with.
I would just like to make it very clear there is nothing wrong with having a good life. There is so much beauty in the world, why wouldn’t God want us to enjoy it?
I like going to the gym, shopping, and having girl time. You’re here – so we both like to read. As long as we are respecting ourselves and others, enjoying life is not a bad thing.
Here are a few tips.
- Treat yourself to being pampered. I enjoy keeping up with my beauty and appearance. It’s ok to be a beautiful work of art. There is a way to do it without being vulgar.
- It’s ok to talk to others. If there are healthy boundaries and no one is getting hurt, it’s ok. Being a Christian is more than just throwing Jesus in someone’s face. Every part of your life – including how you treat others, should reflect the blessings God has given you.
- Hobbies and interest are nice to have. Don’t judge me, but I like to watch videos about Disney World. It’s an entire culture of videos dedicated to the parks and movies, it makes me feel like a kid again.
Let go and have fun – just be smart and safe.
15 So I commended enjoyment because there is nothing better for a person under the sun than to eat, drink, and enjoy himself, for this will accompany him in his labor during the days of his life that God gives him under the sun.
Hey everyone! Here’s another break from fruits of the spirit. It’s hard sticking to this plan but I’m committed to finishing. I’m not sure what I will be doing next, but I know God will put something in my heart to share with you all.
February has been an excellent month. I dedicated this time to exercising and eating right. Almost every night – I wake up out of my sleep craving something I shouldn’t have. I have to fight to eat something healthy or go back to sleep.
When I tell you temptation is a serious thing – we all can say this is true. I believe eventually I will grow out of this bad habit of wanting a juicy burger with fries at 3 am.
God wants all of us to live a healthy productive life. Taking care of our bodies and minds are so important. The thrill of instant stimulation can be a reward at first – but it’s toxic and can hinder us from a great life.
Let’s work together to fight the temptations of the fridge and challenges of this world.
And do not bring us into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.
Today, I’m taking a break a break from fruits of the spirit. I thought it would help to share my personal goals with you for 2018. These 5 things I goals wrote to inspire you to create your own. I really hope you enjoy them.
- Find someone worth marrying.
- There are a few guys that have expressed their interest. Even though I’m not desperate, it would be nice to share my happiness with someone. I know for sure a special man is out there.
- To have success for this blog by helping others.
- I’m not going to lie, writing for this blog is hard work. It is so rewarding to have reached 6,000 people. Jesus is amazing; the world needs to know that. If I can do my little bitty part, I will be satisfied.
- Explore the world more.
- I live in the United States. The only place I’ve been is to the Bahamas. It would be nice to travel to see different cultures. Expanding my perception of life would be perfect.
- Be wiser with my money
- Lately, my financial life has been crazy. Having financial freedom is my goal. Right now, I need to think about the bigger picture rather than what I want to do. [Need vs want — 2 totally different things.]
- Take Better care of myself.
- Everyone says – “be sure to give to others. Don’t forget the needs of people.” The truth we all need to face is: we can’t help anyone until we cater to our needs first. What can we do without our holistic health? Going to the gym, eating right, socializing, going to church, spending time with family, etc. are just as important as giving back.
So these are a list of my goals for 2018. I will keep you updated on the process. If you have things you want to accomplish, write them down and ask God to help fulfill those needs. God bless and I will talk to you Tuesday.
❤ Remote Chrisitan
A person’s heart plans his way, but the Lord determines his steps.
When I got back from the gym last night, I looked at my schedule.
“Oh my gosh – I set myself up to burn out.”
Truth is, I want to meet someone worth having a marriage with. With small groups, working and other activities – I wouldn’t have time to give a potential partner.
So for a partner I don’t even have [yet], I sat down and organized my entire schedule.
And that is where you all come in.
Instead of going for a Monday / Wednesday / Friday schedule, I’m switching gears.
To free up my schedule it will be Tuesday / Thursday / and Saturday.
I’m still very passionate about my blog – so the content will still be great quality.
Thank you so much for understanding.
❤ Remote Christian
22 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord, 23 because the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church. He is the Savior of the body. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives are to submit to their husbands in everything. 25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself for her Ephesians 5:22-25
Yesterday I got off work and rushed to work for production at my church. After running up the stairs, I was huffing and puffing.
Once we closed out, my pastor and production leader made it clear about a few things.
Right now we are in 21 days of prayer. Please take the time out to be in the presence of God. You are not obligated to be here. This is just another form of worship.
Working hard without the will of God is like riding a bicycle without the chain. You can pedal as fast as you want – but you need the chain to go somewhere.
In that moment I was like “I think he’s talking to me.”
My family has taught me to have a strong ethic and strive for excellence. Sometimes I forget to actually be in the moment. Without God what have I really accomplished in life? How far can I go? I don’t want the success and then realize it doesn’t mean anything because my spirit is not right.
So please take my experience as a note : work hard while honoring God.
26 For what will it benefit someone if he gains the whole world yet loses his life? Or what will anyone give in exchange for his life? Matthew 16:26