Posted at 1:09 pm , on September 13, 2018
You’ve probably heard of “Christ mind” somewhere. At some point, you might have been curious about this phrase. Today I will just be covering the basics. As we continue on our walk together, more will be explained.
- In order to adopt the mind of Christ, you must first accept him into your life. When the word is not understood or disregarded, it’s because you and I are not open to receive. Jesus spoke in parables so it would be a mystery to those unwilling to listen. [Matthew 13:13].
- The Gospels teach how to walk in the consciousness of Jesus. Each book has different writing styles. My personal favorite is the book of Matthew. I enjoy studying the parables, reflecting, and then looking at the commentary of my study bible. No book of the Gospel is the same. Find one suitable for your needs.
- Joining a community of Christ believers provides support. Who we surround ourselves with the most determines our future. Being with people who have similar beliefs and interest produces a strong foundation.
- God gave his son to this world so that we would have eternal life. This starts when we accept Jesus, not after our death. In order to have a life full of abundance, prosperity, peace, etc. accepting a Christ mind and heart will allow us all to live a fruitful life.
Following these steps provides awareness to the mind of Jesus. Compassion and love for others give us all the option to not hold on to the burden of unforgiveness. A mind of Christ also offers wisdom on serving those in need. The more we are able to represent the son of God’s ways, the more others will be drawn to have a relationship. I pray these tips supply you insight on how to start or continue on your journey.
Got Question.Org Resource
9 But as it is written: What no eye has seen and no ear has heard, and what has never come into a man’s heart, is what God has prepared for those who love Him.
1 Corinthians 2:9
Posted at 11:30 pm , on September 6, 2018
Trials are part of life, everyone will be tested. The right thing to do may be difficult and painful, but it will be more rewarding than an easy life. James 1:2-4 beautifully explains the purpose of conflict.
One thing I wish people knew about Christians is we aren’t nice out of weakness. We have been tested and built to win at life. Maturing in our walk with Christ, allows us to see people’s flaws and love them with empathy. “Hey I’ve been there I can show you there is light at the end of your circumstances.”
Another important thing about having a mature spirit is being able to have faith in the future. Every now and then, I look at the past and think about all of the trials I’ve faced. When I look at how things ended up, I know that God has provided a solution to every problem. There is no room for doubt. The creator blesses everyone that trust in his plans for our life.
Look at hardships as a way to blossom into the beautiful person you were called to be.
2 Consider it a great joy, my brothers, whenever you experience various trials,
3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.
4 But endurance must do its complete work, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing.
Posted at 11:08 am , on August 30, 2018
In the states, it’s the time of year to head back to school. I’ve been out for a while but I wanted to write something special for all the students.
Up until Junior year of high school, I did not fit in anywhere. Everyone could tell I was different. I was really tiny with braces and glasses. My personality is still cute and dorky.
Once I got to the 11th grade, the outside began to change. I thought being “beautiful” would fix my life. The result of trying to be cool was my grades slipping and mixing with the wrong crowd.
I want to tell you that no matter what clique you are part of, it will not matter when you get older. I would also like to say that the things people make fun of you now will be what makes you special as an adult.
My label was the smart and sensitive one. No matter how hard I tried to fight these 2 things, they never went away. When I learned to accept these qualities about me, I started to attract people that I related to. Others began to appreciate how nice and witty I was.
God will bless a humble sincere spirit. Don’t feel like you have to change the way God made you. You’re beautiful!
Don’t worry about anything, instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Philippians 4:6-8
Posted at 11:02 am , on August 22, 2018
As I’m here working I’m thinking “wow I never had this much peace in my life.” There was always something to be angry about. Something was always there to fight against. I’m going to have to get used to all of this peace. It’s probably safe to say I used my early 20s wisely, my foundation is solid and I’m starting to get cozy.
The first thing I had to start doing was listening to my spirit. I truly believe God gives us feelings and intuition to help get us to where we need to be. There were plenty of times where I felt uncomfortable and feeling like things were not right. Please listen to the unsettled part of you. It’s not going to go away – it will only get worse. When we acknowledge the bad times, we can search for answers to change our lives. Once I figured out what needed to be changed, I became my own advocate. It was scary but I fought for what I believed I deserved.
Once I made up my mind about certain circumstances, there was no more reasoning. If people or events didn’t work the first time, it was over. No matter how much people said they changed or whatever, I was convicted that my spirit no longer needed that. It was rough and sometimes lonely, but I knew God would provide everything I needed when the time was right.
Now that today is my birthday I’m so blessed at how everything turned out. I regret nothing.
❤ Remote Christian.
19 Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. Romans 14:19
Posted at 11:30 pm , on August 15, 2018
For the past few months, I’ve been doing a lot of things I didn’t feel like doing. “So why did you do it if you didn’t want to?”
There was a part of me that wanted to grow and become a better person. Discovering my full potential will always be important to me. Honestly, I was willing to sacrifice the present happiness for a rewarding future.
Every day at 5:00 I would go to the gym and push myself to new heights. There were days when I didn’t feel like showing up. I had to bribe myself to walk up and down hills on the treadmill. When it got too easy, I looked for a new challenge. Along the way, I’ve met some really wonderful people who promoted my growth. My confidence became high and genuine.
After a while, I realized my assignment was over. It was time to once again change and progress into something more.
God wants to give us new experiences and ways of life. No – it won’t be easy when you first start. Yes – you will feel like looking for an exit everytime something does not go your way. I promise you after every struggle, there is a blessing.
For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised. Hebrews 10:36
Posted at 11:00 pm , on August 1, 2018
Pastors say this bible scripture all the time. Do we have to be mean to everyone to protect ourselves? Do we have to be distant and not let anyone see us for who we really are?
There is so much hate in the world. Bitterness and cruelty cause some to act as a raging animal. If we don’t guard our heart and stand up for ourselves with confidence, we will become like this corrupt world.
I had to learn how to not use my knowledge as a way to be another evil person. Guarding your heart means to simply take a step back so you can have compassion for others instead of hate.
People will aggravate you. Things will not go your way. Instead of taking your pain to be a victim, fight back with the goodness of the Lord.
Guard your heart above all else, for it is the source of life. Proverbs 4:23
Posted at 11:30 pm , on July 27, 2018
A clip from my thoughts on June 9th, 2018
I feel every inch of my spirit.
Alive, uncomfortable, anxious hoping silence will calm me.
Back and forth I go over thoughts and how I could make things right – I’m left with nothing
I pause and sigh. “You know what I’m only one person, I’m not God. I can’t do everything. I can’t please everyone.”
If we are not clear about what our purpose and roles are in life, it sort of becomes like we’re on a hamster wheel.
I’m in the process of letting go of perfectionism, it’s served its purpose in my life. I accept that I won’t always know the answer or have solutions for others. We were all given one mind and spirit for a reason – we weren’t designed to live for other people. Yes, it is important to be in a supportive community and of service to others – but our connection to God is the most important aspect of our existence.
I release all plans and fears, and once again – I take a leap of faith.
25 Strength and honor are her clothing, and she can laugh at the time to come. Proverbs 31:25
Posted at 11:30 pm , on July 20, 2018
The reason why a lot of people come to my site is for the weekly prayers. I’m so honored for all the prayer request sent and curious minds about prayer. While it is important we stay in community with one another, I want to give 7 things you should know about prayer.
- Anyone can pray. No matter what your appearance or heart looks like, God is waiting to hear from you. You were created with perfect detail.
- Prayer is simply communicating with your maker.
- You can pray anywhere you would like. If you’re in public – praying in your head is still a private way for God to hear you. I like to pray in my bed or on my couch in my apartment. Eventually, I’m going to create a private space dedicated to becoming fully intimate with God.
- Many would like to know why do people pray? To me, this is like asking why do we put oil in our car? Why do we go to the doctor? Why do we need to have a community with others? These are all needed to make sure we are on the right path. How else would our steps be ordered by the divine master without checking in? How else do we have peace about decisions? Prayer is needed!
- There is no right or wrong way to pray. Before I was really “saved”, you won’t believe some of the stuff I was “keeping it real” about. It’s not about how you start your prayer journey, it’s about God meeting you where you are to elevate you.
- Speaking of keeping it real, it reminds me of my pastor’s quote: “if we could have figured it all out on our own – our lives would be perfect and we would have everything we want.” Our ego tells us that if we just do this and that we’ll be ok and that praying shouldn’t matter. I don’t know about you but I don’t want to wake up 20 years from now and wonder what went wrong. We all have to humble ourselves and ask for direction.
- God moves, even if you don’t think so. I remember praying “God I want to change!” Next thing I know, everything started going “wrong.” It wasn’t until I got older I realized God was cleaning up house. Yes, it might feel uncomfortable but we have to trust in the plan.
The most important thing to remember is God always fulfills all promises and needs to those who love and stay faithful to him.
3 For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out My Spirit on your descendants and My blessing on your offspring. Isaiah 44:3
Posted at 11:30 pm , on July 16, 2018
I want to have all the fruits of the holy spirit, including joy. Place it in my heart to see how much you love and care for me. Mold my soul so it reflects the image of you. Restore my ability to see your presence.
I pray to be fully satisfied with my life. Allow me to come to an area that is content and holy. Allow my heart to open to the appropriate opportunities in my life. I pray for advancement and gain in all aspects of my soul.
Thank you so much for all your grace.
In Jesus name, I pray,
12 You will indeed go out with joy and be peacefully guided; the mountains and the hills will break into singing before you, and all the trees of the field will clap [their] hands. Isaiah 55:12
Posted at 11:30 pm , on July 11, 2018
“You can’t be in flight or fight forever.” This is a quote from a podcast I heard recently. It had me thinking about my life up until this point.
This week will be one year since I’ve been in a new city. Even though it was hard, I’ve met some wonderful people. God has really delivered me from too much self-protection. Finally, I’m learning to believe people again.
It can be easy to forget the benefits of being vulnerable. We give up the opportunity for the good people to love us for our flaws. There is no room for blessings because we think everything is for the bad instead of the good. I don’t have to be the mean girl anymore because people won’t believe my nice sweet side. I can love a man and trust he won’t hurt me like other “boys” have done in the past.
Spiritual warfare is real, but sometimes we have to admit that the real enemy is ourselves. Get out of your own way and let love take over. Love is the only thing that can conquer all the hate and fear in the world. Use it and know that you will be ok with whatever life throws at you.
16 I will lead the blind by a way they did not know; I will guide them on paths they have not known. I will turn darkness to light in front of them, and rough places into level ground. This is what I will do for them, and I will not forsake them.