How many times must we choose to be good? Like me, Amaziah is 25 trying to do the right thing.
Amaziah attempts to follow the law without much effectiveness. When he tries to fund his vision with a strong army, a wise man advises Amaziah that God is not with his investment.
Amaziah becomes scared of all that he will lose. He is unsure of what he should do. The man of God says not to worry because there is a bigger supply from the main source than there is in money.
As the story continues, the leader did not die in peace. Amaziah was put to death by his enemies.
Here are key points to remember.
- Develop a pure heart for God. No, you don’t have to perfect; but please examine your heart & intentions in all that you do.
- When we sin – it weakens our effectiveness. Thank God for Jesus who gives us all mercy and grace.
- Materialistic supply (ie money, cars, homes, etc.) does not make up for sin and evil.
- Be sure of how you treat people. Resentment & bitterness can turn into a serious issue such as preying on your weaknesses.
- Sometimes Gods wants us to be patient so that we receive blessings that will benefit us in the long run.
2 Chronicals 25