Posted at 11:30 pm , on June 6, 2018
With my birthday coming up, it’s safe to say I’m a young woman. I know how to balance catering to myself while giving to others. There are some things I wish someone told me while I was searching for myself.
Don’t ever feel like you have to give your body away to receive love. Take your early 20s to develop yourself. Build your career, have fun, and learn. You have the power to be seen the way God sees you – don’t limit yourself based on labels
A trick of the enemy is an attempt to make you feel bad. There’s nothing to be ashamed of. We are all human – and God gave us grace so that we may grow and become better than ever. Please remember that we are all works in progress. The most important thing in life is getting right back up after you fall.
Use your voice, take risks, and show this world that you are not afraid. When you are within God’s limits – anything is possible.
God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day.
Posted at 7:39 pm , on December 13, 2017
When I’m talking to a potential husband candidate I always ask “how have you been spending your 20s?” “If you’re 26, what have you been doing these past 6 years?” If he doesn’t have a good enough answer, I am not interested. Here’s a list of what I’ve been doing so I have the perfect answer if someone asks me the same thing.
- Building my relationship with Jesus
- Going to counseling so I won’t come with unnecessary baggage.
- Spending time with my family
- Building healthy relationships with God-fearing ladies
- Updating my wardrobe
- Trying out cute hairstyles
- Getting my nails done
- Reading self help books
- Watching relationship videos
- Experiencing life within limits
- Doing my makeup
- Learning new recipes
- Making it a habit to keep my apartment clean
- Making it a habit to keep my car clean
- Reading scriptures on what being a wife is all about
- Learning parenting skills through my puppy
- Focusing on my career
- Loving the life I have
- Making peace out of the life I have
- Analyzing my previous relationships so I know what to do next time
- Organizing my finances
- Going to the gym
- Not entertaining guys I don’t see a future with
- Letting God pick the one
Please don’t sit at home hoping wishing and praying for your husband to come. Get yourself in order so when he comes, you will be ready to have an equal partnership.
22 A man who finds a wife finds a good thing
and obtains favor from the Lord. Proverbs 18:22